As an owner of an outlaw 1050 I understand the problem. In this same newsletter Outlaw announced it is stopping sales of the 1050 and is working on an entirely new model which will replace it in the indefinite future. They are also offering $300 in trade in on the 1050. I am a little bothered by the fact that my 1050, bought less than a year ago, is somewhat outdated. On the other hand it has done everything I bought it to do extremely well. It is a 6.1 receiver and the one issue with it is only an issue when it is used in a 5.1 system with certain new 6.1 movies. Even then there are simple work arounds that simply result in not getting the full 6.1 sound which I am not set up for anyway. It is easy to say it would be simple to fix the problem but I believe that if there was a economically viable solution for this, outlaw would implement it. How many companies would credit a $500 product for $300 against replacement. I don't see the big commercial makers doing this.
I have been looking for a new television. As I research I find worse reports on every model by every manufacturer I look at. Models are riddled with problems and replaced by new models within months. These are all on products costing 3 to 8 times the cost of the 1050. None of these manufacturers sponser forums where you can find out about these problems or even which models have exactly what features or why they have changed models. It is all hype. I will also note that I just read a review comparing two clones of Outlaws upper end models. Though the clones are essentially identical they sell for over twice the price of the Outlaws.
Bottom line is all consumer electronics change very quickly, within months in most cases we wish we had the new improved model. When I reconsider my purchase of the 1050 I see that I am simply infected with upgradeitis. It was a bargain when I bought it and for $300 I would keep it even if I upgraded because it does so much so well it is still something I would want to own.
Anyway, the initial specs and price make the new Outlaw/hsu sub look very interesting. I continue to be very happy dealing with companies like Axiom and Outlaw as compared to most others out there. I continue to marvel at how this forum is open to all those opinions steering folks to other subs than Axiom's. I hope Axiom will be able to revamp its sub line to generate the kind of enthusiasm there is for the m22 and m60. I say this as an owner of m50's and m22's. I really enjoy th m50's but with the raves for the m60's I can't help wondering about speaker that was like the m60 with one less woofer and priced as are the m50.

Mark