John, since you support the THX recommendation of 80hz crossover for the satellite speakers in a 5.1 or 7.1 setup, I'm suprised you would not agree with the setting. Prof. Chris Kyriakakis and Prof. Tomlinson Holman (creator of THX) say that this is a LPF and should always be at 120hz. They go on to say that LFE material in movies goes up to 120hz, so I would think you would want to follow their recommendation and not limit your system.

I value your input on this stuff, but come on, Prof. Tomlinson has a pretty impressive resume.

Prof. Tomlinson Holman - Chief Engineer of Henry Kloss' Advent Corporation, founded Apt Corporation (maker of the Apt/Holman Preamplifier), and has written three books on audio. For his work at Lucasfilm Ltd in developing the THX Sound System, Holman won an Academy Award. He is currently professor of film sound at the USC School of Cinema & Television.

Prof. Chris Kyriakakis - is Associate Professor of Audio Signal Processing at the (USC) University of Southern California's Viterbi School of Engineering. He is founder and Director of USC Immersive Audio Laboratory, and Deputy Director of the Integrated Media Systems Center, a National Science Foundation research center. He has authored two books and more than 100 journal and conference publications.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85