Flip, when you run through the setup, Audyssey looks at your room environment's acoustics, and looks for the speakers -3dB point. 40hz is now the determination most receiver manufacturers use to determine the small/large setting. So speakers like the m80's will most likely be set to Large, when done with the setup. You still want to change this to small, and bump up the crossover from 40hz to 60 or 80hz, and let the sub do what it does best, below the crossover. Also, the filter resolutions in Audyssey are best suited for the sub channel to handle as well.

In my situation the Qs8's were set to 90hz crossover, which I will leave alone, and you never want to lower this setting. Audyssey only provides correction the the crossover points it determines for the speakers -3dB point, so if you lower the setting, those frequencies will not be managed or corrected.

If you don't use Audyssey, all of this doesn't matter. So far I am VERY impressed with what Audyssey offers. Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume are wonderful.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85