I don't think that just buying a power conditioner is worth it. However, if you want some extra peace of mind you may want to look into a voltage regulator. If you can still find one of those silver apc h15's for $150 to $200, it may be a good investment. I've been happy with mine but haven't noticed any improvements in sound or picture quality at all (like some of the crazier people will try to tell you). The main function of it is to protect from over and under voltages and spikes that aren't too large. It also has filtering and conditioning like most others that you won't notice any difference having. No surge protector will protect from spikes that are too large, so the main purpose is that most companies offer life time coverage in the event that the unit doesn't suppress the surge. I would hope that the company would cut you a check to cover the replacement of most equipment and then your insurance company could cover anything that is left over. But, I've heard cases where they pro rate the value of your gear and such so who knows. Anyways they will surely give you more that the $200 investment in the unit in the case that all of your gear is fryed so you would come out ahead.

- Nick