I bought mine from eCost. I lied. It wasn't $120, it was $144. Maybe it was $120+$24 shipping. I don't remember. It's a heavy box. See how the memory fades...

Past discussion on this: http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=161443&fpart=1 You can see that this topic can cause tempers to flare... \:\(

~$200 isn't bad but you can do better. Like I said, these things go on sale every now and then. Put in a Pricegrabber alert and just sit back and wait a few weeks. Your patience may be rewarded.

While I don't regularly sit on the floor in front of the PF60 and watch the display change, I have seen it register as much as ~10 amps. That was with my old CRT Tube 36" TV, LPA-1, SVS PCi+ 20-39 sub, VSX-43TX AVR (as prepro), Dish DVR, and Denon DVD120 player. Though ~1.1 amps of that is just for my idle Dish DVR box, so ~9a was going towards 'music'.

I've since moved the sub to a wall outlet (better placement), but it is still on the same circuit. My PF60 now powers the same gear as above + a PS/3, an AppleTV, but with my 61" Samsung LED DLP instead of that old 36" CRT. I've seen it hit 7-8 amps during very loud 5.1 channel movie demos (+100db). But never more than that. This is on a 15a circuit. Never tripped it.

If I remember tonight, I'll see if I can change the display settings to just monitor the LPA-1's power bank output. I usually keep it in an 'All Banks' display, but it's configurable to just show individual banks, I think. Then I could tell you how many amps it'll pull when blasting M80's.

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 04/27/09 06:38 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office