Hey Cooper,

I’m going to break with tradition and suggest you go with one of the 2 series (M, T, or W) depending on which you think will best suit your needs. I recently had my speakers set up in a bedroom with the listening position against the wall and tried out both my QS8 and M22 speakers as surrounds. While the QS8s did a mostly fantastic job under the circumstances they just didn’t quite shine the same as when I had 5-6 feet behind me in other rooms.

The M22s didn’t quite do as well as the QS8s as I expected but IMO the difference probably wouldn’t be worth the price, especially if you chose the M2 (or variant).

So based on my limited experience with my listening position against the back wall I would the best bang for your buck is either going without surrounds or getting the least expensive option. While the QS(x) will perform best in close quarters if you’re willing to spare no expense, I’m not convinced they’re worth the improvement if you’re cost conscious

As for positioning I found that putting them pretty far apart and facing forward worked the best but your room will likely dictate what sounds better for you.

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1