Howdy,

So I have been planning on a DIY sub for some time now, and since I now have the M60's/VP150 I have started to move ahead. The reason I am going with a DIY is two fold: 1) my girlfriend was very accommodating with the M60's acquisition, and I am trying to decrease the visible footprint of my audio/visual equipment. 2) the new apartment I am moving into in August is your typical small NYC apartment, so everything is multifunctional.

So the sub cabinet will also function as my TV stand. I realize this limits my sub placement, but that's life and it's a compromise I can live with. I was planning on a dual 15" Rythmik sealed enclosure, but having gone through the planning I am now leaning more towards dual 12" Rythmiks instead (with 600watt servo amp).

Here is the crazy part. I also am planning on building an upper cabinet which will enclose the VP150 above the sub cabinet. In terms of structural security I am not worried, but I am worried that having the center channel so close to the foward firing subs might cause some interference or degradation of sound. Is this true? Also, this is still early in the planning phase so I welcome all and any comments.

Please see the images at the link below for a better idea of the setup. I also have a SketchUp file if anyone wants to take a closer look. Note that the image uses the 15" woofers, and I have not put holes in the braces to allow air passage (yet, but I will). Also the leg pegs are missing. The woman is 5'6" for comparison.

http://picasaweb.google.com/sam.golden/SubwooferCabinet?feat=directlink

Thanks,
Sam

M60x2, VP150, M22x2
Sennheiser HD-595
Onkyo TX-SR507, PS3 (40gb)