Originally Posted By: grunt
[quote=Micah]
...The second the test tone started playing windows, dishes and something inside of my DLP sitting across the room started rattling.

Lol, yes those rascally subwoofers do tend to 'shake things up' around the house don't they. At my old house where my HT was in my basement, whenever I'd play a movie or some music it was absolute chaos upstairs! And this was with a single 15 inch 210 watt downfiring Cerwin Vega subwoofer running things. It was positioned directly behind the couch, and sitting 3 feet away from it the bass output seemed very level and integrated into the system. However the basement seemed to act like an amplifier, and upstairs it sounded like I had crazy levels of bass cranked up to MAX XXX!!! The dishes, pictures, silverware... anything that wasn't nailed down upstairs would rattle and shake like there was a level 8 earthquake going on.

I'm sort of curious as to whether or not having the EP800 sitting inside of this closet will create the same amplification effect? After all this monster uses dual 12 inch woofers and an 800 watt amplifier to move them. But I'm thinking the sealed nature of the EP800 will cut down on this some. Otherwise, I may have to turn it down to zero!!!

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD