I am transforming my library (which was also used as "dump" for a while and as secondary sleeping quarters by my cat) into a "revision room" with a full size table, a nice working chair (very nice) and a lot of other pieces of furniture to store excess stuff (expecting NINE pieces of furniture this Saturday) and my cutting/binding machines.

In addition, I was planning to eventually add improved audio. As ground work, I had moved my old speakers from a closet to that room and my old Yamaha coupled with my current unused Soundbridge. Although teh old speakers are not bad at all, they are cumbersome as they are big cross-fire towers and the damaged woofers is OK until 85db max. So I was planning on replacing them with M3 or M22 wallmounted (high sensitivity + no need for a sub). During the week, I decided NOT to replace them after I am settled in the new room, but rather before or during!

I have just placed a order for 2 M22s (Boston Cherry to match the rest of my system, just in case) with 2 wall brackets! I am not planning a sub for now as that room is not soundproofed and I'd rather not flood the downstairs neighbors with a EP400 or something like that. The M22s seem to have quite enough bass (from the specs and comments from JohnK) as a secondary system that I will listen to more casually (I can just move my butt into my living room when I want to listen to a full blown system or pipe organ!).

I've always wanted to try the M22s, including trying them as back surround and even as side surroung for multichannel music. With the NINE piece of furniture I have to assemble, I am not certain I will be able to do much testing soon, but I will eventually add my own 4 cents into the never ending "comparision" flow.

Hopefully, they will be on their way soon enough (all my previous purchases, using stock finishes, have been completed within 24 hours; let's keep the streak going Noreen!).

See Mojo's signature