I will not report long as these speakers have been described in details and at length and I did not have a lot of time.

I am very pleased with them. For the application I have, they are an overkill, but what the heck! They are much closer to the M80s than the M3s my brother has. Also, they play better at lower volume than the M3s. However, nothing compared to the M80s at low volume. At regular volume, they are pretty impressive.

For HT applications, I switched a few times between the M80s ) and the M22s (in full 7.1)(even without re-calibrating to compensate for the 2dbs of sensitivity). At some point, I forgot which ones were playing. I would need a heck of a lot more testing, but so far if someone only wants TV and movies, M22s are quite sufficient with the rest of the 7.1.

For music, the M80s were shining a lot more. However, the placement of the M22s on top of the big towers was not fair to the bookshelves. Tests were short as I had to work in the room so most of my listening was done in their final destination.

The final hanging and angling (they are more inclined now than they were when I took the picture) gives a slightly peculiar sound stage, but it is what I was hoping. The room fills up as if it were two as large and airy. The musicians sound as if they are on a stage because of the positioning on the speaker. But, placing myself as I would be when working there, it felt "right".

Imaging is excellent and the bass is impressive. I was had a little something nagging me about the M3s. Now I am pretty sure it is the small artificial bump in the bass. The M22s sound a lot more natural. Of course, pipe organ is lacking a tad, but I'll just limit myself to the living room. Cellos and double-basses are slight weaker in the lower octaves, but it is not "annoying" (in the sense of detracting attention).

Overall, for the price, they should be used more often as main speakers in systems where quality is very important but budget is a bit tight. They have become what I will recommend more often from now on for mostly-HT setups.

NOTE: As I am typing this, I am listening to the Audiobytes. I am pretty much full circle. Some Accents for the bedroom, maybe?

See Mojo's signature