Well... They arrived at 13h47 this PM.
Very first impression: they look so weird. There are amazingly slim (I have handled M3s in the past) and quite tall. Like a model-kit M80!

Still in the box:

On the table (with and without grills):

Stacked on the M80 for test comparison (not ideal as the v-position was wrong, but it was all I could do today).

THE BEFORE PICTURE:

Now the next picture could be construed as bizarre. As I mentionned in the first post, the goal was to wallmount them so I could free some valuable space in that room. The backwall is an external wall of an old house. I could not hang the speakers (the owner of the house is in construction so he might be able to do it for me later on). So I had to put them on the shelf. The angle did not sound right. And putting something under the speaker was making them a bit dangerous.

So I despaired and them put them on two benches (which used to hold my back QS-8 until I bought higher and better looking furniture for them!). Sound was much improved, but when I realized I had just re-lost the space I was going to free... it felt like 600$ poorly spent (on that aspect only!). Then I tried to mount them on the side. Unfortunately, the "full metal bracket" is not appropriate for M22s as they are too tall and it reduces dramatically the possible angle.

And then, the light! All I had to do was to inverse the room and make it that (when the new furniture comes in tomorrow), my "worktable" faces the other wall! Duh! Eventually, I will have to swap them again as there is no place for a TV on the wall where they are now. Note the right speaker as it seems to be floating.

The I moved the "English books" bookcase under the right speaker (the new armoire is way too tall to fit there now).

The big hole(s). This will need to be furnished... The two pictures are hiding the holes I created trying to fit the speakers!

The AFTER picture for the original wall.

The electronics (no picture) is a bit in the way. Since I get two new armoires to store stuff, I will empty the clost between the speakers and probably remove the door (or get a new RF remote control or just a new IR blaster for my 890). I will definitely get a new SqueezeBox as my Soundbridge is doing its old "electronic noise" problem and it is more annoying now with the M22.

See Mojo's signature