Originally Posted By: chesseroo
 Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
Sips, although JohnK speaks with an informed authority, his opinions are not universally accepted by people who also take seriously our ... what is it, a hobby, preoccupation, obsession, delight? whatever, our friends over at

AudioKarma

took the time to review various DACS and concluded that no 2 DACS had the same sound quality. Disturbing as that may be, this conclusion is based on the experience of a group of folks who took the time to inform themselves about this question.

From Audiokarma, the proof that this test is once again useless for concluding anything reasonable or rational other than personal preference for the pretty colours of boxes the DACs came in:
We listened to approximately the first two minutes of each of the three tracks listed above, in the same order, on each DAC, with me switching cables and matching levels as best I could.

Thanks for playing the game though.
Try spinning the wheel one more time...just for luck.
And remember audiokids, the world is flat...the world is flat...

Well, Chess, I suppose since those folks didn't meet your standards for a true, scientific double blind experiment, you just discount their observations altogether.

Seems like you have a bit of an attitude thing going for you there Chess. Just a thought ... it's not necessary to make it personal just because you disagree with someone about audio issues. Think about it.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.