Originally Posted By: kcarlile
Despite the religious wars going on here, I'm going to say that having a properly calibrated sub hooked up to your two channel is going to make more of a difference than what might (or might not be) a marginally better DAC. Just use the digial outs and let the receiver handle it.

So are you suggesting it may be too difficult dialing the sub in if I use the speaker level inputs to the sub along with its filter?
I assumed this would be the only way to get around the bass management in the AVR; however, I think I would have to physically remove the speaker level inputs when viewing a movie if I want to take advantage of the LFE output of the AVR, making it a little inconveinient to switch between sources.
I guess I'll just have to wait and see by doing some comparing, maybe I'm putting a little too much emphasis on the stereo DAC that's present in the Oppo. I do understand that there are a lot of other components within the DAC circuit and a higher quality DAC chip may not perform to its capabilities if not integrated well within the circuit.
Sips