Wow! After one day and night of listening, I can't believe all I was missing in the past. My M60s arrived and my wife and I love them. I know I'm just repeating what others have reported here, but I'm hearing instruments that never seemed to exist on my old speakers. On James McMurtry's "Paris" and David Gray's "White Ladder" there were noises that sounded, on my former Energy eXL-25s, like electronic distortion. I actually thought these were bad instrumental/electric choices made by the musicians and their producers. In one day with the Axioms, I realized these were musical instruments, and they sound great. (Now I just want to track down what instruments they are -- cymbals being brushed in one case, and perhaps some "zouks.") The range is awesome, and so is the imaging and soundstage in my 14' x 18' room. Placement has been easy, and the finish looks better than expected (I had low expectations based on the Web photos, which look more plastic-y than the speakers themselves). It was nerve-wracking to say the least buying $800 speakers over the Web without an audition (though in all honesty I passed up waiting for a locally offered audition). But Axiom's customer service was great, and this message board gave me confidence. It was worth the chance. I can't wait to get home tonight and spend the weekend listening to my M60s.

"These go to eleven."