Meh. Again with another "Emotiva amps suck" thread...

Some have had problems, others have not. Those that have had problems are obviously going to be very vocal about it. Those that have not, less so. Ergo, the problems stand out. There's also been a bit of a spat between Axiom and Emotiva over M80's and the high-end Emo amps. Emo claims that M80's dip below 2-ohms at certain frequencies, due to a substandard crossover design. Axiom (and most here) claim that Emo is full of you-know-what and are over-rating the specs on some of their amps or have QC problems. So a little bad blood to add fuel to the fire.

Personally I'm not buying another Emo product because of their ongoing incompetence in bringing the UMC prepro to market. I simply have no tolerance for a company that has demonstrated such a gross mismanagement of a project. Delays are expected and missed-deadlines are tolerable, but the multi-year UMC debacle has entered into the realm of the ridiculous. I'm just not drinking any more Emo Kool-aid.

Ranting aside, I must let the facts be facts...

I've been running my M80V2's bi-amped with the "cheap" $499 Emotiva LPA-1 for over 2 1/2 years now. My 'can't run 4-ohm speakers' circa-2002 Pioneer Elite AVR truly isn't able to run M80's at loud volume. I needed an amp that promised it would run them without breaking the budget. I gave the LPA-1 a shot, and have been extremely pleased with it. No problems at all, up to ear-splitting 110db+ levels. Sounds great. No shutdowns. It was worth it.

So, truly, YMMV. \:\)

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office