In reply to:

I personally feel this receiver is a great match for Axiom Audio speakers

System matching is one thing that has always been a little confusing to me. I know you don't mean decor wise, so is it generally a matter of impedence/sensitivity? Because some experts say that it is ok to use 4ohm speakers with an 8/6 ohm rated receiver .

BTW, I noticed that the review for the 2400 has made it to the front page www.audioholics.com. I'm so glad someone finally came out with an indepth review of the RX-V2400 and I'm glad its Audioholics! I like how you guys think over there...no BS(or at least very little). BTW, I know I speak for many of us here when I say we appreciate that you take the time to post here.

I tried the "Adventure and Spectacle" DSP modes and you're right, it does "enhance the movie watching experience". I wouldn't even have thought of using it if you hadn't suggested it because I've always thought DSPs were just a mass market gimick(me being an uppity stereophile who knows what the the absolute sound should sound like and all). But it sure sounded better than the THX mode(at least it did to me watching Bad BoysII last night).

I afraid that your "(hint hint)" concerning the front effects went over my head. Would you be kind enough to elaborate?. BTW, I do use the front effects and I do like it. I'd love to know the procedure for using the front effects and rear channels.

I don't mean to monopolize your time....but I will if you let me.

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.