I have been researching speakers for about a month now, I still have a bunch to learn. I am building a home theater/media room in my basement. The room will need to be more than just a "theater," and part of that will be a full built in cabinet for the front wall so the AV stuff can be hidden when not in use. the screen will retract into the cabinet as well. I do woodworking as a hobby, and part of this will be a chance to showcase my woodworking when the room is not being used for video.

But I also know I want floorstanding/full sized speakers, my dilemma has been how to 1)hide those in a cabinet but 2) build the cabinet big enough/insulated enough to not kill the speakers. Everything I read says 'don't do it.' I was starting to worry I would be stuck with in-walls or bookshelf speakers that didn't really fit what I want.

I was thrilled when I found that Axiom carries the M60/80 speakers in "In-cabinet" designs as well. Honestly, carrying these speakers as "in-cabinet" could make my day- although I still would really like to see and hear them... I know about the 30 day trial. Is the sound equivalent to the floorstanding speakers? what are the tradoff's?

My question is this: the room is 15'8" by 20' deep, with 8' ceilings, just below 2500 cubic feet by my math. I want to spend about $2500 on the speakers (5.1) system. It's a concrete slab floor that will be covered with carpet. Would a system built around the in-cabinet M60's be a good fit? I figure probably the 350 sub, the 150 center, and the surrounds. The main seating area will be ~10ft from the screen/speakers.

I can't find any specific reviews of the in-cabinet models, anyone around here have them? care to share any pics?

I'll attach a preliminary photo/sketchup model of what I want to do, although the front L/R speakers will be down near the floor to better line up with the center, and I may go ahead with the in-cabinet center speaker as well which would change the design a bit- but you get the idea.

What about the sub? I can park it in the back of the room if I need to, but in cabinet would be nice.

Thanks in advance.