Originally Posted By: ClubNeon
So LCD isn't dead, but nor is LCoS.

Sony's rear-projection LCoS went away, which might be what Ken was thinking of. Their front projectors are still using SXRD? Does anyone talk about issues with the color going wonky over time? I have a second-generation SXRD rear-projection TV, and the screen has gone green. It started going yellow in the upper left corner, but now it's pretty much a greenish tint across the whole picture. This unit is actually a replacement for their first-generation SXRDs which had the same problem. I was hoping the issue had been resolved between generations, but I guess not. A tech is coming to diagnose the problem on Monday, but I'm sure it's the optical block again. The good news is that I have a five-year warranty which doesn't run out until 2012, and if they try to fix it three times and can't, then I get another replacement. If this is anything like the first TV, replacing the optical block will almost fix the problem, but there will be residual color issues. Hopefully not, but I wouldn't mind another new TV.