I have 3 pairs of Michaura M55s, 2 pairs in the HT room (check the link under my name) and 1 pair in our bedroom. I did not buy them from ubid but wished I did . I share your enthusiasm. The pairs in the HT room are sitting atop Bose speaker stands. They work well as surrounds, where low frequency performance is not important. The pair in our bedroom sit atop these Sonus Faber knock offs, and low frequency extension is noticeably better with these stands. With an EP400, the bedroom system would be hard to beat. I just don't want to use subs in the living room.

Regarding my original inquiry, has anyone had a chance to audition the B&W 803Ds. I had heard the 802Ds and was very impressed.803Ds have the same tweeter and apparently extend as low as the 802Ds; they are also cheaper but still around $6k for a used pair.

PS. Michaura M55 is very similar to the Axiom M22, the only difference in drivers being the tweeter size, which is 1" in M22 and 3/4" in M55. I remember reading Ian mentioning that despite their similarities, these were quite different speakers. The finish on the M55 is simply superb (and yes, they are HG cherry). They are also quite heavy for their size.

Last edited by ihifi; 11/09/09 02:51 AM.

John
Our HT