My older Denon was somewhat random in setting large/small but my new Onkyo set all my speakers to small even the L/R mains which it also set a 40Hz crossover so I guess Onkyo uses a different cutoff. I’m really convinced now that something was wrong with my Denon or it’s mic but now I have no issues with the settings made by the Onkyo since the whole system has never sounded this good before so for now I don’t plan on doing much tweaking.

I’m assuming that since my M80s are out away from walls/corners I’ve been getting pretty even bass response from them even before the Onkyo. But I am very impressed with the smother bass response from the EP500 that the updated version of Audyssey is giving. I may experiment with setting the M80s to 80Hz just to see what the finer filters that Audyssey applies to the LFE channel do but like I said I’m already quite impressed with what it’s doing under the current settings:

L/R M80s small 40Hz
C M80 small 50Hz
All 4 QS8s small 100Hz

I have the sub directly behind my seating about 5 feet back so even though the QS8s are crossed over at 100 I’m not getting any localization of the bass.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1