Well, I ran it again tonight, the settings were pretty similar to before, except the sub. I did the sub crawl and with the sub moved closer to the couch and more in the corner, it went from -7 setting to -12, which is maxed, so I ran it again with the gain turned down to about 1/3, it was at half. Still -12, crap. Turn gain down to 1/4 and go again. Now it's at -5. So, just moving the sub I gained about 12 - 15 db from it, all things equal. I'm not surprised because in the middle of the room the SPL goes off the charts low. My biggest problem with the whole Audyssey system is that it is calibrating for a given area, which is good obviously if you have a family, or a larger theatre. Personally for just myself and the wife I find it's just as easy to nail it down with the SPL for a smaller area. Audyssey is nice for the EQ and distance settings.

Jakewash, I know we talked about this before (I think it was you) but I have the PB12-NSD. Tonight is the first time I have really cranked on it with some U571 scenes and the hospital explosion scene from Dark Knight. The thing is extremely clean, but I have to say I can't really feel the bass like I thought I would. I can't say I'm disappointed with it because it clearly is a good sub, and it'll go louder than I'll ever need, but perhaps I'm used to a boomier sub that you can feel more. Is there anything I should be trying or is this just what good bass is supposed to be?

Last edited by Potatohead; 11/17/09 08:07 AM.