i ran audyssey today for the umpthteenth time just for fun. it's been a while since i moved on to the spl meter a couple of months ago.

on my onkyo tx sr 607. it set the mains at full range the center full range and the surrounds at 60hz?????. also it automatically sets the dynamic EQ to "ON" and to my surprise it set the double bass to "OFF", which it normally use to set to "ON".

double bass on the onkyo is when it sends the bass from L/R speakers to the sub??? i've always thought this was a weird setting since the mains are set to full range.im assuming Full Range=Large, i mean why set to large if your going to roll off the bass anyway?

anyways i really like that it calculates distance well. i have double checked the distances with a tape measure, and it was perfect. today i also checked the sound level calibration and it was dead on! only difference is that i use "55" on the volume for 75db's and the audyssey used "60" , i did like that. it sounds better matched than when i used "55" on the volume.

i did make some changes though. i changed the dynamic EQ to "OFF" and i also changed the mains L/R to 60hz and the center and surrounds to 80hz and the double bass i left off. sub crossover to 80hz. it sounds great with my current set up. I seriously cannot wait to set up the axioms...AAARRGGGGGGG!!!!

i think i'll take the same route. run audyssey then adjust size and make sure double bass and dynamic EQ are off..