Originally Posted By: Dr.House
Hi Riker,

Based on the few impressions that people have posted on here that have the newer amps its seems that the 500 likes to receive a higher voltage signal coming from the subwoofer pre-out on the receiver. Now if you are achieving the output you want with your current settings no need to change anything. If you want a bit more output difference between 60% and 100% on the dial you can boost the subwoofer pre-out level on the receiver from which you have set to 0 to something like +2 or +3.

Ok. That seems to be the case, as before I had the pre / pro sub setting set to 0 and in the speaker level calibration setup menu I had it at -5db to achieve 80db calibrated. Now I still have the sub setting at 0 but I had to also set the speaker level setup menu to 0 (from -5) with the volume control of the sub set at about 70% to get the calibrated 80db.

I guess I was expecting the other way around.. ie: if my 110W 10" sub is set to 55% (with a -5db in speaker levels) then surely a 500W behemoth with a 12" driver would require lower setting to get the same bass output.. At the end of the day, as long as I can get the total amount of bass I want (and I do), it does not matter how I get there..

Acoustic Zen Adagio, Veritas center, Axiom EP500, QS8s, Anthem AVM20, MC20,Adcom GFA7400