Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
I would never trust the displays at pretty much any store to be set up properly...and less so at WalMart. I've read too many times of using various connection methods, etc., to make one set look better than another, and nothing is ever setup for "normal" viewing levels and contrast anyway...

Ditto....Think about it. Your average associate setting up a TV at Walmart? I do have a 120 hz - and never really compared them to the 60hz. Before I bought, I read up as much as I could over on AVS - wrote down settings and reccos from the posters over there. Then I went to the stores that carried the TVs I was looking at and asked for the remotes. I became somewhat of a self styled expert on how to navigate the menus on several different brands. My experience - lots of other shoppers tended to gather round and most of my test runs turned out to be tutorials for the uneducated populace. One thing remained constant - with only a small amount of research - either on AVS or reading reviews rendered me far more knowledgeable than anyone that worked in any of the stores where I shopped. That includes the specialty stores like the now defunct Tweeter......Rob

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill