Originally Posted By: jakewash
I have a Samsung 40" LNT4069 (obsolete now, it is a couple years old and first gen to have the 120hz), the latest craze is 240hz. I haven't noticed a huge improvement in PQ on my set vs a standard LCD, in particular my father's 46" Sharp. I think his displays sporting events better than mine. My Samsung has the dreaded triple ball effect, this is where a thrown football sometimes shows up as a blur and looks like there are three or more footballs occupying the same space on the display. I have never noticed this on the Sharp. The response rate on my TV is 5ms and the Sharp is less than 4ms from what I have been able to find from reviews. I think this is why I have an issue and has nothing to do with the 120hz. I believe the double and triple refresh rates deals more with an HD signa(1080P) than anything else. Most reviews I have read state many TV's/reviewers prefer their TV with the feature turned off.

I have a Sony XBR and I don't use any of the special settings. Just straight up cable and tweaks to the color, contrast, brightness, etc. If you read through the infinite posts at AVS, the consensus is generally that the special settings mostly make things worse as opposed to enhancing the picture.

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill