^ Well, here is how it is now:

I like to sit in the right side of the couch, which is basically right against the wall, which is where I placed the sub to do the sub crawls (about 18" from the wall, firing toward the screen. My head is only about 18" from the QS8 but with level adjustment sounds the same as the other one. I currently have the sub on the other side of the loveseat than what is shown in the pics, closer to the A/V equipment. The back half of the room sounds not too bad especially close to the walls, the front half is severely lacking, but like you said I do not care about up there.

Now, I do not mind moving the couch into the center of the room at all, but I just do not seem to be getting as much bass there. Maybe what I should do tonight is put the sub right in the middle of the room about four or five feet from the back wall, and do the crawl again. I think I am getting the most response in that back corner because the ceiling is lower there as well. Maybe I should place it somewhere with a little less db, but then turn the gain up a bit to compensate.

I guess it's back to experimenting tonight... Darn work strikes again.

EDIT :

Mark, thank you for that. It's good to know I'm not alone in this, there are definate db swings in my room as well. It seems this is totally normal, I just want to find the best solution. Without boards like this... Man, I couldn't imagine.

Last edited by Potatohead; 11/18/09 07:54 PM.