Originally Posted By: Potatohead
Now, I do not mind moving the couch into the center of the room at all, but I just do not seem to be getting as much bass there. Maybe what I should do tonight is put the sub right in the middle of the room about four or five feet from the back wall, and do the crawl again.

Bad assumption on my part - I guessed that you sat in the left seat of the couch (closest to centerline of the screen) which would be roughly centered in the room L-R. As others have said, being in the center of the room is a Bad Thing if the sub is by the wall. Being in the center of the room if your sub is also centered is fine - you just don't get bass by the walls ;\)

Just checking - when you did the sub crawl did you actually have the sub sitting up in your preferred spot on the couch ? It doesn't need a beer but it should be sitting *exactly* where you do.

IMO having the couch by the wall like you do now is best, but I think you'll want the sub very close to the couch for best results. If you sit by the wall then I would try the sub by the wall, either right behind the couch or right in front of it with a cushion for your feet ;\)

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8