Murph – I don’t spend much time on the boards lately and just noticed this. I’ve been a volunteer fire fighter for 15 years now. I’ve seen many vehicle accidents and dread responding to them as I’ve seen things that I’ll never forget. The accident you described with a roll and roof bounce is one I’ve seen before. You, your family and especially, they ladies in the accident are extremely fortunate. It’s miraculous they were able to walk away from that one. If you believe in God or a higher power, you might want to say thanks.

Black ice sucks. I’ve been driving on ice and snow for 25 years or thereabouts. Living in Alaska, you get snow and ice and lots of it. About six months out of every year ice is on the roads. Black ice is treacherous. I hate the stuff. It’s always were you least expect it and when in a zone, not paying real close attention to the road. I invest in really good winter tires and good lights to help, but every time I encounter it, the ol' pucker factor is there.

Here’s a couple pics for you……. You can see how my lights reveal black ice in one of the shots. The other is the pass I drove over every six weeks or so. It gets an average of 800 inches of snow each year.