I should clarify some things from my ramblings above.

Originally Posted By: michael_d

So why is it you found the Q’s worked better as heights and directional better as the widths Dean? Did you find more directionally focused sound from the width channels and more ambient, non-directional stuff from the heights?

Until they find a way to matrix height channels I think ambient is their best roll. It would be interesting to hear a Dolby version of a width channel.

Quote:

I am limited with real estate, so I will be limited to either M2’s or QS4’s for the height speakers. There’s no way I can fit the QS8’s up there. I can use anything from the M22 size or smaller for the width speakers.

I think M22s and QS8s are overkill for both rolls. My L/C/R were crossed at 40Hz while the M22s were 80Hz and the QS8s were 100Hz and I’ve found no timbre matching issues which I’m very sensitive to hence the M80 center.

AFAIR you have dual over and under centers? I’m curious how height channels will impact that.

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1