Originally Posted By: Hansang
There's no doubt Harmony is easy to program. I have the 890 model. But you pay for that simplicity. For example, you can't have extensive macro's. With my MX900, I have a macro that deletes programs from my DVR. It takes 8 or nine clicks (list, navigate, select, delete, confirm, go back etc...)

If you say so. I have many Macros on my One. Some moderately complex ones (IMHO); turning off gear, turning on other gear, entering menus on one component to configure settings a specific way for Music vs. Movies, even changing speaker sizes or trim levels based on source component, etc. Perhaps you've discovered some command limit or there's something even more complex that you need to do. AFAIK, if it can be accomplished with a series of repeatable button presses, you can make a macro for it. They're just sequential button presses - menu, select, select, down, down, enter, up, pause 5 seconds, left, select, exit, etc. And once created, the macro can be assigned & used just like any other command.

Originally Posted By: Hansang

With Harmony, I'm at the mercy of Logitech to provide an update. while that's true for URC as well, I can just learn the RF if I want to. That's what I did with on the MX900 for my Oppo until the update came out.

Do you mean learning IR commands? Both my One and my previous 550 could learn IR commands from any OEM remote. Be it to override one button from an existing product, or all of the IR commands for some new product that isn't even in Logitech's database. There are a few oddball IR commands that Logitech doesn't have for my gear (most notably my older AVR), and it was pretty easy to teach the software the required command. Once learned, the commands act just like any other command that Logitech had in it's database already. You can assign them in any way you wish. Even use 'em in macros. ;\)

But true, the One can't do RF learning because the One doesn't do RF. One glaring omission of the Harmony One.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office