You're using the analog outs and it's showing a sampling rate? There's no sampling involved with analog it's a continuous wave form.

I don't have the stereo outs on the 79 hooked up, but the 5.1 connectors instead; they're connected to the 7.1 input on the 1018. When I use the Multi-Channel input, it doesn't show me a sampling rate at all.

If you're using a pair of stereo ins on your receiver, you're taking the digital audio on the CD, turning it to analog by the 79, then the 01 is turning back to digital (probably at 96 kHz as the display indicates), applying processing, and then converting back one more time to analog. If you use the multi-channel ins, you'll bypass the extra conversions, and processing.

Really though, I prefer the HDMI connection, then applying Dolby Prologic IIx to the stereo signal and creating a 7.1 upmix, and then making use of the MCAAC processing to attenuate standing wave peaks. That's over the pure, direct method. When I had my ancient Sony receiver the DACs in the 79 were definitely superior, and it only had old-school, 4-channel (left, right, center, surround) Prologic. Now I can't tell the difference between the 79 and the 1018.

Pioneer PDP-5020FD, Marantz SR6011
Axiom M5HP, VP160HP, QS8
Sony PS4, surround backs
-Chris