Hi There,

My EP500 just died under my hands after working without any problems whatsover since august 2008.
Here's what happened. I just swithed it off, disconnected the AV cord and shielded cable from my AV. Gentle turned the EP500 on it's side, and replaced the spikes with the rubber feet. I then connected all leads again and swithed it on. Big Silence... :-(
The green light is on and I can hear a very soft humming from the ac transformer I think. I have checked all the fuses - 6 in total - but no success, there all okay. If I switch the AC on and then off, I hear a very soft boem... but the EP500 simple refuses to output any sound (I made sure, it's not my AV, I ve got an old SW)
Before going into the hassle of shipping it back (I live in Belgium) I would like to know if there's anything else left which I could do myself. I was thinking in terms of opening the box and checking the wiring. What's the best way of opening the box - at the front (the driver) or at the back? In case of the letter which screws do I have to loosen. I do have a background in electronics. Would checking this myself void my warrantee?
I would be very grateful for advice as I am a bit stuck.
Thanks.