Originally Posted By: fanon
Hi There,

My EP500 just died under my hands after working without any problems whatsover since august 2008.
Here's what happened. I just swithed it off, disconnected the AV cord and shielded cable from my AV. Gentle turned the EP500 on it's side, and replaced the spikes with the rubber feet. I then connected all leads again and swithed it on. Big Silence... :-(
The green light is on and I can hear a very soft humming from the ac transformer I think. I have checked all the fuses - 6 in total - but no success, there all okay. If I switch the AC on and then off, I hear a very soft boem... but the EP500 simple refuses to output any sound (I made sure, it's not my AV, I ve got an old SW)
Before going into the hassle of shipping it back (I live in Belgium) I would like to know if there's anything else left which I could do myself. I was thinking in terms of opening the box and checking the wiring. What's the best way of opening the box - at the front (the driver) or at the back? In case of the letter which screws do I have to loosen. I do have a background in electronics. Would checking this myself void my warrantee?
I would be very grateful for advice as I am a bit stuck.
Thanks.

When you re-connected the cable to your receiver did you accidentally connect it to the wrong input?

2xM80 VP180 2xQS8 2xM3 HSU STF3 LG 60PS11 Denon 3808 ATI 1506 LCR 2xATI 1502 Oppo BDP-83