Hey Micah,

I really doubt the 60's would replace your 80's but you would be very happy with them. Since it's going into your work environment, I'd suggest the 60's are a better choice. You wouldn't be doing any real critical listening there I assume and with the money you save, you could get a nice custom finish that matches your studio decor, like say Blaze Orange! Who knows, they could even become a prop in your photography and then, TAADAA, it's a business expense.

As far as my pictures go, I was going too but honestly I'm a little embarrassed at my set up right now. I constructed my first system in 2000 in our first home and it was sweet. We moved about 4 years ago and all the equipment remained the same until the addition of the QS8's last year but the space was/is rough.

I started the room when we moved in but it is still under construction as life got busy. Drywall, check. Floor, check. Woodtrim, up but needs paint. Ceiling, ahhhh well not yet. Cable management, the second coming will look better, what a mess. I just got a reciever about 6 months ago with HDMI. My receiver before that only had component since, HDMI wasn't a ratified standard at that point. Heck, Blu-ray was still a debate. So needless to say, cables are numerous.

I have a great vision for the finished room, but it's still going to be another 12 months before its done. On the list to do/buy:

Oppo Blu-ray - Have an Xbox, so no need for a PS3
AE4000 - Very attracted to the constant image height feature.
Screen - 2.35 ratio
Stage construction - Get the speakers off the floor and have a more finished look.
Window treatments - We have walkout basement with 9 foot ceilings and my wife insisted on full windows, 10 in total, but who's counting.
Theatre seats - Just because I can.

If you recall further up, I help my buddy finish off his basement and we should be done it next week. It's turning out very nice (except for one thing which I'll post later) and I'll post some pics and review of that. Maybe after I post his I'll post mine just so it's clear I am capable of doing it right. Vanity and pride, it's a bitch.

HG Cherry M60's,VP150,Qs8's,EP350