I have not tried to plug two sources into the same input, so I can only suggest you try something. Even though each HDMI input has two different names, I do not know if the 3808 sees them as independent inputs. – I have not experimented with that.

Having said that, I would select the HDP input (HDMI # whatever) and go into the input set up screen. Turn off the auto select feature and select HDMI. Then select that same HDMI input as HDP, but under the second name (I do not recall what this is). There are discrete commands for the 3808 to do this by the way.) When you have that input selected, go back to the input set up screen and make sure Auto is off and then select Component under the video select screen. Then you do the same for audio.

I think that if you do this, each time you use the discrete commands for the inputs, it will remember which one to switch to – HDMI or Component. Sorry for the crappy instructions. I’m not near my 3808 right now, but will be later today of you need more help and no one else gets back to you with better instructions.