Hi mata, I’ve got a question. Did your receiver set all your speaekers to 40Hz or just your M3s. Reason I ask is that even when I had my QS8 corner loaded neither my Denon or current Onkyo has ever set them below 60 Hz and that was never consistent. Similarly 70 Hz is the lowest I’ve ever seen my VP150 set. Even now my Onlyo 3007 doesn’t consistently set my center M80 below 50Hz like my L/R mains which are closer to walls. So if all your speakers are being set at 40 Hz I suspect there’s either something less than ideal with your setup (corner loading, center in a cabinet) or with the measurements or the receiver.

As Randy suggested if you haven’t you may want to check out the "Official" Audyssey thread

If nothing else it will give you a better understanding of how Audyssey works and what it’s doing.

Probably the most important thing to not about changing crossover settings after running Audyssey is that you can always raise the crossover w/o effecting it’s performance however Audyssey doesn’t calculate an EQ curve for the speakers below the calculated crossover point. So if you lower a crossover below what was calculated then the EQ curve isn’t working for those lower frequencies. Also, the curve applied to the LFE channel is finer than the other speakers so Audyssey recommends setting everything to small and at least as high as 80Hz to get the best performance. However YMMV.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1