Well, that was fun.

The first shop I visited was a small outfit that, by the looks of it, does a lot of installs. Told the guy that I had bought a new Matrix and the sound sucked, asking what I could do about the speakers.

He proceeded to tell me it was the head unit, not the speakers. It didn't have enough oompf for the speakers. He gave me a story about his gf's corolla and how he changed out the head unit and presto, better sound. Right...

Coulda sworn that the Matrix brochure said the unit had all the oompf plus extra more ® Scratch these guys from the list.

Next up was Future Shop (a folksy version of BB for all you Yanks). I started off the same and the guy actually asked some questions. He thought it might be the head unit, but was not sure and went to get somebody who could answer my questions: Not bad for big box.

The expert asked a few more questions including what my goals were. \:o He thought I could get away with upgrading the front speakers, but that my unit only put out in the range of 20-30W so I would be volume limited. He talked about separates so I asked about a crossover being included since my head unit probably only had amp outs: blank look. Sigh...

I sure hope this city has more to offer.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!