Originally Posted By: troyd
yeh, I was thinking 3 M80's but, not sure I like the perforated screens> specially if I am 12 ft from the screen. just seems like some of the sound would be lost. I mean they say the from of the grills are specially made and you hear people say they hear the diference with the stupid grills off and on. Like what difference would be heard with a vinyl screen with holes in front of the speakers is gonna do. QS8 for surrounds is a given, however may go with M22's or M80's. This is what I was wanting to know I get the same three speakers up front ,and QS* for surrounds and that a direct speaker is best for the rears.

one of these days I am going to proof read before clicking submit.

yes, I was thinking 3 M80's across the front but, I am not sure I like the perforated screens ...yet. specially if I am sitting 12 ft from the screen. It just seems like some of the sound would be lost behind the vinyl. I mean,some people say they notice a difference with just the fabric grills. I think this is not true and that the grills are specially made for sound to go through. If this is true, what difference would be heard with a vinyl screen with holes in and speakers behind is gonna do. The QS8 for surrounds is a given, however may go with M22's or M80's for a centre channel speaker. This is what I was wanting to know I get the same three speakers up front ,and QS8"s for surrounds and that a direct speaker is best for the rears.

Anthem MRX520
M5HPv4
VP160HPv4
QS10v4