Originally Posted By: serpentara
I think for the new Onkyos (mine is the 600) if you are using something with a dedicated LFE track you are fine, the sub will come through since there is a specific track for the sub. However if its just a CD or its compressed equivalent it will only be sent to the L/R speakers. The amp won't reroute any audio from their intended channels.

I can't comment on the 3007, its a little too nice for my price range at the moment, so I haven't done any research on it. Damn student loans.

Well I'm not saying "Direct" is correct, but let me assure you with my 706 set on DIRECT, The sub is definately getting feed. Watched Blurays Saturday and the whole system sounded incredible. And the sub was definately getting data.

Watched some some HDNet Concert footage and played some of my ripped music last night and I had to turn down the sub quite a bit.

I think the squeezebox input is set on last valid. I'll have to check.

The HD CAble box, if the Broadcast was Dolby Digital was set on Dolby Digital.

I realized last night, I have a long way to go to get my system "tuned in", but that's part of the game and why we do it. At least for me, well the sound and visuals quite a bit count too!

So far I love the Axiom's!

Listened to some Juan Martin, Marisa Monte, Richy Kicklighter, Danny O'keefe, Kenny Rankin, you name it last night, all sounded great and Heard parts, nuances, and even some instruments I've never heard before!

Any more input is appreciated, Thanks

Jeff

Fronts/Wides:M22s in/on
Center:VP150/VP100 in/on
Hghts,SS,SR:QS8s
Sub:EP500
AVR:Onkyo 3008