Originally Posted By: wordgasm

During your setup did you do the 1/4 setup? And if so did you leave the volume there? Im so new to this I would leave it as it is, and not know something better is available.. the Axiom instructions said set the cross over at your highest freq, Audsyssey set some of mine at 90 so Im at the 150 setting on the EP500

No the old manual use to give a “clock” position which I read incorrectly and set way to high. Scared the hell out of me. I think when I finally set it lower and ran the auto setup and it ended up setting the LFE channel to -10dB (the range was +-12db). So I turned it down lower and ran auto setup again to get a level setting closer to 0 so I had some room to play with adjusting the sub up and down from the receiver. I would go with Axiom’s recommended settings and then check the levels that auto-setup set your subwoofer to and if it’s up around +-10 I would adjust it accordingly at the sub and re-run auto-setup.

If you’re using your receiver’s bass management like most people then I would set the subwoofer’s crossover to the highest setting or bipass if it has one.

Last edited by grunt; 03/05/10 04:22 AM.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1