I don't believe Axiom (Alan as commented in the past) recommends room treatments, other than natural room furniture, etc.. Personally, room treatments (corner bass traps, and first reflection panels) as used in recording studios should also be used in a HT environment, for the same reasons. You don't want to over deaden a room, but there are tons more scientific studies from reputable audio labs to the benefits of adding these, compared to the few NRC tests to the contrary. Even Kris K and Tomlinson Holman (THX founder) from Audyssey say they should be included in addition to proper room room eq like Audyssey.

I can vouch to the huge benefits Audyssey has done for my home theater, with Axiom neutral speakers, and it has not made "good speakers sound worse", as is often said on here...

Audyssey adjusts for different room characteristics at multiple seating locations. Speakers designed to be neutral or flat in an anechoic chamber is one thing, but as soon as you move them into the various rooms we all have, products such as Audyssey are needed.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85