Originally Posted By: Micah
So have you just researched it so far? Or do you have this system?

I do have Windows 7 Ultimate on my computer, how much is the media center upgrade?

I have everything listed in my post and in the links (and much much more!). Well xcept the ceton tuner not out yet.

I am happily bitstreaming blurays from my WHS, to my Core I HTPC to AVR to Axioms at will.

Windows Media Center came as part of your W7 ult, in the default program popup menu

My Gear list (from another post in another forum)

HTPC: iCore 5 650, 8 gig memory, Asus H55-M EVO Pro, Win 7 64, intel 40 gb SSD, 1.5 TB WD Green "TV" drive, waiting on the ceton tuner, HDHomerun networked tuner, Dvico USB tuner

The case, Norco 10 bay hot swap drives rack mounted, SSD for OS, 2 drive bays for recorded TV, other 8 drives will be connected to my WHS by SAS connectors, cards and cables. (Haven't bought these 8 drives yet).

Software: W7, TMT3 platinum, AnyDVD HD, and a couple of WMC add-ins

WHS: Gigabyte board, dual core AMD, 4 gb, 500 GB OS drive and 500 gb bckup drive, 6 1.5 TB WD Green Drives, in a Norco 2u rack mount 8 bay hot swap case. All Music, DVDs, Bluerays, photos and data stored on Server with metadata

AVR: Onkyo TX-SR706 Rack mounted with MA faceplate

Gaming: Xbox 360, to be rack mounted no shelf and custom faceplate yet

Whole House Audio: Squeezebox Duet wifi controller and receiver,
Sherwood Amp 4 zome and Onkyo M282? PRO to 5 Zones

Rack: 24 port gigabite switch, a ups forget the specs. Voltage
regulator someday, MA temp gauge, Media dock, MA iDock (cable STB's going away after ceton.)

Speakers: Axiom: Mains-W22s, Center(s) W150/W100, Surrounds QS8s & QS4s, SW-EP500 & a JBL 10" older than ....

Display: Samsung LN52A850S

Bedroom Display: Syntax 32" (and I have the parts to build a rack mounted HTPC for this location, but not complete.

Control: Harmony 1100, Harmony 900, SqueezeBox Duet, Hot link and old HArmony IR for the bedroom and hopefully Droid if someone ever writes the software.

Some other stuff!

Wants: Whole house automation, and finish rack

Did this quick, will update and provide exact specs and complete list.

Last edited by wordgasm; 03/13/10 07:40 PM.

Fronts/Wides:M22s in/on
Center:VP150/VP100 in/on
Hghts,SS,SR:QS8s
Sub:EP500
AVR:Onkyo 3008