Deathjester, I'm not trying to move you up to the M60's or M80's, as I'm sure the M50's are probably a great speaker in their own right... but I will say that any and all legends that tell of M80's being 'bright' are simply unfounded. Unless you have an unusually unforgiving, harsh room in which to listen to them in, then I simply can't believe you would find them hard to listen to. My living room is far from ideal.... hard wood floors, pictures hanging all over the room, reflection spots everywhere, zero treatments to battle those reflection spots, etc... By all means my M80's should sound like absolute crap in this room. But this is far from the case, these speakers sound like heaven on earth.

And for most who actually do find M80's to be too 'bright' or detailed to their ear, the M60's have usually been the go-to speaker. They are the 'laid-back' version of the M80's. But like I said I'm not here to up-sell you. I hope you recieve your M50's in and enjoy every second of your listening experience with them. \:\)

If however you find yourself one day with another project with which to fill a speaker order, I would say don't be afraid to test drive some M80's. You will laugh you're ass off that you had been given the impression that they were a 'bright' speaker, I know I did. And for the money, you certainly can't go wrong with the M60's either.

Have a happy Monday! \:D

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD