Thanks Alan. The setups are pretty much the same upstairs and downstairs, albeit with different brands. Upstairs I have the cable box connected to a Pioneer 72TXV AVR via HDMI, which is connected to a Panasonic 50 inch plasma, also via HDMI. I think the Panasonic model is a 50PX50U. Downstairs I have the cable box connected to a Denon 2310 AVR, which is then connected to a Pioneer Elite Kuro 101fd via HDMI. The cable box models are the same upstairs and downstairs. I will have to check on the cable box information. It is from Comcast, but beyond that I don't remember the specifics.

Your idea to switch cable boxes upstairs and downstairs is a really good idea. I think that will let me know if it is a cable box issue, at least. I'll do that this weekend, when the next set of games is on. (I didn't plan on watching anymore of the tournament, because I can't stand to watch Duke win, but I guess I have no choice, since the tourney games are the only time I've seen the issue!) If it still occurs downstairs but not upstairs, I may switch the HDMI cords as well, and see if that is the possible problem.

Again, thanks for your thoughts.