OK just checking, that's what I thought. I don't understand the difference between a coaxial cable and an ordinary RCA interconnect cable (is there one?), hence my fuzziness still.

I couldn't scrounge up a splitter and the(coaxial) cable I have isn't long enough to daisy chain so I used an XLR microphone cable to daisy chain from the new sub to the old. So I am running an unbalanced coaxial cable to the new 800 and then daisy chaining via an xlr balanced cable to the old 800.

Will the balanced XLR connection be a lower power level output (i.e., will the old sub receive less signal) and will that create an issue with balancing the levels between the subs (aside from any other differences caused by different amps etc). On first blush the old sub seems to have less volume but again I am wondering if the cabling might have anything to do with it or not. I'll probably get to calibrating tomorrow but just wondering theoretically if the levels will be different due to balanced versus unbalanced inputs to the subs.

"If you try to turn toward it, you go against it."