Ok Ben, I don't expect you will go with my suggestion, but I'm going to throw it out there at you anyway... If it were my basement (this is a basement, right?), I would flip your HT wide sketch around, and build a wall across that recessed area, which in effect would make that a rectangular room. I would install a door to the new closet (I'll call it your AV closet) space down at the end (right side) of the wall in the corner, unless that is a door down at the bottom and to the left in your sketch. If so, then that would be perfect, no need for a door built into the new wall at all. With that small section now walled off, you can run all of your electronic wires and everything in there. Stick all of your AV gear in there, plus keep all of your movies, CD's and all kinds of other stuff that usually clutters up a room, neatly away in that little AV closet hidden away from view. It really cleans up a room, let me tell ya.

To see an example (sort of) of what I'm talking about, just skim through my thread (The World's Newest Axiomite it Born...) to see the pictures I posted up of the AV closet I built for my HT. I built a couple of shelves (1 above, and 1 below the TV) to house my computers, reciever, DVD player, amp, external hard drives, and wireless modem in. All wires run through holes cut neatly behind the TV, and right into the backs of the AV gear mentioned. Absolutely no wires can be seen besides the 12 guage wires running from the back of my M80's into the AV closet. Super clean look, you'd love it!

So after you build that wall, that's where I'd hang your TV, or screen if you're considering going with a projector. As well as hang your M3's (I think you're the first member of this forum that I've seen with M3's), and VP150.

Ok, so that is my suggestion. And like I said, I don't really expect you'll do this. But it truely is what I would do if that were my basement (damn I wish I had a basement). Because I think it would be completely fabulous! \:D

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD