Originally Posted By: INANE
I have a thermometer on the wall in the basement and noticed the temp of the room would be a couple degrees higher on average after I was done installing the sub floor.
Which should happen once the concrete floor is covered up regardless of the product as long as there was some sort of thermal break, ie. that air gap or carpet underlay etc., involved.

Quote:
I would think having that trapped air pocket between the cement and the wood is similar to how a double paned window works (other than the window being filed with a gas other than regular air).
That is the idea behind it smile

Quote:
The wood floor can't transfer heat as quickly as cement either, which is why it should feel warmer than just standing on the cement directly.
Exactly

Quote:
Plus the Delta-FL is acting like a vapor barrier which is never a bad thing to have in a finished basement.
SOOO true smile

Quote:
What is not debatable is how much better the wood floor feels than standing on cement. laugh
I agree

Quote:
I'm also hopeful that I'll get a fuller bass response with this sub floor in place vs just having a carpeted cement floor.
Quite possibly, you will have to let us know on this one.

BTW, never mind my rantings, I am just having a hard time trying to justify this expense for my own basement which for me isn't $1 sqft up here, it is closer to $2.50 sqft, I think if it fell into the $1 range I wouldn't think about about it at all and just go ahead with it.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70