Originally Posted By: Micah

and subwoofer to help out with any difficiencies that the M60's might have in comparison to the M80's... I am curious about the tip that the 80's put out more bass though... Looking at the supplied graphs Quackie is right though, they show the 80's going 3 hz lower than the 60's... who'd a thunk it?

Anyone who thinks the M60s NEED a subwoofer would have to apply that exact same reasoning to the M80s; that one is trying to reach a SIGNIFICANTLY lower bass point with SIGNIFICANTLY more volume.
The M80s have a larger cabinet, more volume, more sound, more bass extension. HOWEVER, you have to really listen for it. The M80 is NOT a M60 with a subwoofer like component all of a sudden attached!

This ongoing comparison between the M60 and M80s is continuously overblown. It is being made out to be like comparing the M22 sans sub vs. the M80s in an outright listening test.
Why is this being promoted like a night and day experience?
Has anyone actually heard the M60 vs. the M80s in anything but a sighted subjective manner?
Until they do, this propagation of differences between these two speakers will continue way out of proportion to reality.

Sorry Micah, i've commented on a few of your posts in this regard, but with so many newbies coming to the forums over the years, there's been many a snake oil we've battled from cables, power conditioners, etc. But when it comes to differences between speakers, more often than not the differences are so subtle that instantaneous switching comparisons are required to hear those differences EVEN MORE SO with speakers from the SAME company that use the SAME drivers, SAME cabinet design, SAME crossover components.
I've never read about this concept of M80 being a 'better' speaker than the M60 so much as i have in the past year or two and in my opinion newbies are getting skewed information in this regard.

Is it possible that people could discuss the Axiom speakers (or other brands they like) without having to bias their suggestions to their favoured ONE model by constantly pronouncing its (overblown) characteristics vs. all others?
Does anyone try to take a more down to earth, ego removed approach to providing newbies information?
One thing i've always thoroughly liked of Axiom is their integrity in trying to design a speaker in an objective way; by taking what we know of human behavioural and listening science, and applying it to make good speakers of ALL their speakers. I doubt their sales people are taking phone calls and pushing the M80s with the same vigour (and reasoning put forth) i read in these forums as of late.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."