Originally Posted By: chesseroo
Sorry Micah, i've commented on a few of your posts in this regard, but with so many newbies coming to the forums over the years, there's been many a snake oil we've battled from cables, power conditioners, etc...

No appologies needed. I in fact do not anticipate much of a difference between the two speakers myself. But here is my position, I am absolutely in love with the way my 80's sound, I would like to buy a pair for the studio which currently has an old set of Pioneer's doing a very bland job at best of filling the air with pleasant music. But I actually like the way the M60's look better than the M80's.

Therefore I am wanting to buy the M60's to put in my living room and move the 80's out into the studio. I already know that the 80's do not NEED a subwoofer for music. Anyone who read my EP800 thread knows that the time I spent with my M80's without the assistance of a subwoofer REALLY impressed me. So since all they'd be doing in the studio is playing music, I'm 100% comfortable with the M80's doing the job and doing it very, very well.

In the living room I listen to music all day, and watch movies at night. So I do have a subwoofer in there because as much bass as the 80's put out, in movies a subwoofer adds an entire new dimension to the experience. So the only trepidation I have concerning the 60's really is this, will I like the top end as much?

I've heard direct comparisons that rate the M60 as a bit more laid back than the M80's. I don't know if I'm going to like that or not until I hear them right next to the M80's. I want to, my hopes are that I'll find them so similar that I have no problems swapping them out. But you just never know until you try right?

These are the reasons I'm anxiously waiting to hear this comparo. It has nothing to do with the amount of bass they put out, my mentioning a subwoofer was only in regards to the movie aspect of the task at hand. I'm anticipating he won't find a whole lot of difference between them. If this is the case it will reaffirm my plan and I will hopefully have the better looking (just my personal opinion) M60's in my living room soon.

But honestly, even if he does find a bigger difference to his ear than I'm anticipating it won't change much. I'll still try them out for myself. No two opinions are exactly the same after all.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD