Originally Posted By: Micah
Didn't work out so well as in they failed? Or not enough bass? Just wondering because its a toss up usually with people who order Axiom subs. Some are completely blown away, others wonder, "where's the bass"???

When I first got my EP800 I was in the later catagory. I thought for $2000 dollars this thing should blow the windows clean out of the sills! However what I didn't know was that I had it sitting in pretty much the worst possible spot I could have had it. Once I got the new amp installed and placed it directly behind my couch this bad boy blows my hair forward. Its a completely different beast in the right location.

But if you tried it out and weren't happy with it then I understand. They aren't for everyone. Have yoy ever considered eD or SVS? They pack a lot of punch for the coin.

That's interesting what you say about your EP800. At that price I would expect to be blown completely away as well, regardless of placement. Maybe that's an unrealistic impression. How far is your couch out from the wall now? Does the sub fire right into it?

Well I suppose you could say I wasn't impressed with the bass. Haha. Okay, let me explain. Axiom sent me out an EP350. Didn't work. Tried everything, only got a little rumble out of it. Talked with the techs, no resolution. They sent out another, same problem. Again, more screwing around. Eventually they figured out the problem was with a few select subs from the factory. This was over about two weeks, I had had enough at that point, and just sent it back.

I haven't heard SVS or eD subs, but when I do upgrade it'll be SVS. Too many good things about them to ignore. I already contacted them a while back, and they seem quite nice.

So I got the sub. Seems to be in decent shape. I guess there are about four different versions of this sub model. This one doesn't say, but it appears to be version 1 or 2. Definitely not 3 or newer.

Initial impressions are good. There is no port noise at all. The frequency extension isn't amazing, but better than what I have. I did the sub crawl, but I think I will have to again. It's getting good rumble, but it's lacking a bit of impact. I going to run both subs at the same time and see how that works.

d4ve